My photographs show you how I see the world.
I have been making photographic art all my life but four years ago finished a successful professional career as a research scientist to concentrate fully on art.
My practice embraces film, digital and alternative photographic processes. My current practice employs the collodion tintype process, from the dawn of photography, to produce unique, hand crafted image objects that explore the unique materiality and aura of tintype portraiture, still life and landscape.
I live with my family in a straw bale house, off grid in the Tasmanian bush & I am a professional member of the National Association for the Visual Arts.
I am represented by Nolan Gallery, Salamanca Place, Hobart Tasmania
You can buy my digital photographs at any size as archival inkjet prints on cotton rag paper. Or visit Tasmanian Tintype to learn about my collodion tintype practice.
Thanks for looking.
firstname.lastname@example.org :: 0400181659 (Australia
Education PhD, BSc(Hons) Macquarie University MSc UNSW Genetics
Publications 40 scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals and three scientific book chapters.
Arts Grants, Funding & Residencies
• Cradle Mountain Wilderness Gallery artist residency Feb 2017.
• Arts Tasmania Crowbar crowdfunding subsidy April 2017 $500
• Pozible crowdfunding campaign Window to the Soul for June 2017 tintype portrait exhibition. $5500
• CSIRO Australian National Fish Collection tintype photographic project 2016
• Window to the Soul 2017 Tintype portraits. Studio Gallery Salamanca Arts Centre. With 50 page catalogue.
• Tarkine in Motion 2017 Group exhibition at The Long Gallery, Salamanca Arts Centre
• In Praise of Photography 2017 Group exhibition at TopSpace Gallery, Hobart
• The Medium is the Message 2017 Group exhibition at Entrepot Gallery, Hobart January
• Air, Water, Earth 2016 Sidespace Gallery, Salamanca Arts Centre
• Recuperation 2015 Top Gallery, Salamanca Arts Centre
• Vestige 2015 Entrepot Gallery Hobart.
• Arbor 2006 FotoFreo Fringe, Fremantle Cinema
• ArtExpress 1978 Touring exhibition of outstanding final year NSW HSC Art major works.
The copyright of all photographs on this site belongs to Phillip England.